So I have a company and I'm thinking about hiring an employee. Are there best practices I should follow?
We suggest you follow these 10 steps:
- Design the position.
- Prepare a revenue forecast.
- Prepare the job description, performance standards and performance evaluation.
- Seek candidates.
- Select the top 5-10 candidates for phone interviews.
- Disqualify candidates who do not meet the job requirements.
- Schedule and conduct first face-to-face interviews.
- Conduct employment checks.
- Schedule and conduct second face-to-face interviews, during which the performance standards are reviewed in detail. (At this time it may be appropriate to conduct behavioral assessments.)
- Make your decision and prepare the offer letter!
Would you like to hire with confidence? Contact ThistleSea to make it happen!
"Because your business should lead to abundance."