The Burden Is Back (Still) On YOU! YOU still have to lead your business no matter what the politicians promise or your view of what the government officials should or shouldn't do to solve the latest impending crisis of the day. Now, it is more important than ever for you to strengthen your business and at the same time avoid falling prey to all the negativity and manipulation by outsiders (those who don't have your interest at heart).
When it comes to the media, we should always remember they make their livings on entertaining us by reporting breaking news, progressive opinions or solving your problems behind their camera or microphone. They have no vested interest in you, your loved ones or your business.
We have all seen it, one day's "this" and the next day's "that" can be totally conflicting. So, what can you do to prepare yourself for next year and beyond? Here are some thoughts:
- Find a quiet place to sit down, relax and take a deep breath.
- Reflect a minute on whether your business is producing what you need for a rich personal life.
- Map out what you want your life and your business to look like by the end of next year. What is your vision?
- With that vision in mind, determine what steps you would need to take to get you where you want it to be.
- Identify the specific steps you could take that might move you closer to your vision by the end of 2009. (Note: It's OK if you have a big vision and some of your steps can carry over to 2010 and beyond.)
- Build your action plan and move a little closer to your vision every day.
- Re-evaluate and make adjustments along the way.
If you are unsure of how to get where you want to go, contact us or a qualified trusted advisor for assistance.
ThistleSea Business Development encourages you to start strengthening your business today. It is never too late to start. Try these 7 steps and let us know how they have worked for YOU.
By John D. Laslavic, LPBC, President, ThistleSea Business Development, LLC
(c) 2009-2010 all rights reserved; ThistleSea Business Development, LLC