"Abundance" recently sat down with John D. Laslavic, Licensed Professional Business Coach & President of ThistleSea Business Development, LLC to discuss their new Guerrilla Marketing Program offering for their current and new clients. John recently was awarded the designation as a "Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach". Abundance: What does the word, Guerrilla" refer to in the context of Guerrilla Marketing?
Laslavic: "The definition of Guerrilla in "Guerrilla Marketing" relates to a member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy, as by surprise raids. It is to encourage the guerrilla marketer to be creative and devise his own unconventional methods of promotion to attract qualified leads."
Abundance: Who can use Guerrilla Marketing Training?
Laslavic: "Any business can benefit from Guerrilla Marketing instruction and training but it was developed by Jay Conrad Levinson, for small and medium size businesses without a huge amount of resources for marketing and large marketing budgets."
Abundance: Can you further explain what you mean?
Laslavic: "Instead of using big marketing budgets, the guerrilla marketer uses unconventional methods, creative ideas and not doing things the way they have always been done."
Abundance: What are some of the Guerrilla Marketing principles?
Laslavic: "To illustrate, Guerrilla Marketing has many very successful principles and techniques to include these five:
- Fusion Marketing - The joining of marketing resources and efforts of one or more complementary organizations or companies to leverage their ability to attract more qualified prospects / leads.
- Marketing Focus - The Guerrilla Marketer focuses 10% of his marketing on the universe, 30% on prospects and 60% on current and past customers.
- Focus - The Guerrilla Marketer changes the focus of interactions with other businesses from competing (competition) to cooperation.
- Commitment - The Guerrilla Marketer knows that marketing's greatest enemy is the inability to understand commitment, thinking marketing is an expense and an inconsistent program. True guerrillas are committed to the bone and they won't give up until they're dead, or until the enemy is defeated."
- Profit - For the Guerrilla Marketer, the primary yardstick for measuring marketing performance is return on the investment (profit).
Abundance: How can you benefit a business owner and help them apply the Guerrilla Marketing principles?
Laslavic: "ThistleSea Business Development is a coaching practice that works with business owners every day. We incorporate the Guerrilla Marketing principles and techniques with our business coaching or tailor a program for a business owner focused entirely on marketing. The pay-off is for the business owner who develops a plan that consistently delivers more leads, business volume and profits. The results are a better business and personal life for the business owner."
(c) 2009-2010 all rights reserved, ThistleSea Business Development, LLC