A Short Quiz for Business Owners Just how mentally tough are you? Take a few moments to fill out this questionnaire that covers several component skills of mental toughness. When you're finished, send us an email to receive a self-evaluation for
"Scoring Your Results" to determine your mental strengths and weaknesses: Answer T for True and F for False for each statement:
- I frequently worry about making mistakes.
- I get really down on myself when my business performs poorly and I mess up.
- It's easy for me to let go of my mistakes.
- If I start out badly, it's hard for me to turn my performance around.
- I get distracted by what the coach thinks whenever I screw up.
- I bounce back quickly from setbacks, bad breaks and mistakes.
- I do my best when there's more pressure on me.
- I get too nervous to really perform to my potential.
- I do better in preparation than I do when it really counts the most.
- I tend to get easily psyched out or intimidated.
- I can keep myself calm and composed under pressure.
- I don't want the ball/dread competing at "crunch time." (big business opportunity).
- My coach's comments makes me loose my focus.
- I tend to get easily distracted.
- Certain outsiders can get into my head and throw me off my game.
- Lousy business economic conditions or events (weather, politics, legislation, news, etc.) negatively affect me.
- I have no trouble focusing on what's important and blocking everything else out.
- I think too much about what could go wrong right before and during important business actions, (the "what if's").
- One or two failures do not shake my confidence.
- I tend to compare myself too much with outsiders and competitors.
- I'd rather compete against a better competitor and lose than go up against a weaker competitor and win.
- I am a confident and self-assured business owner.
- I tend to be too negative.
- I have trouble dealing with negative self-talk (thoughts).
- I get more motivated after failures and setbacks.
- It's easy for me to consistently prepare my business at a high level of intensity.
- I think about how today's learning will help me get to my goals.
- I find myself just going through the motions a lot in preparation for business improvements.
- I have clear goals that are important for me to achieve.
- I am a highly motivated business owner.
If you are interested in learning how you scored go to: http://www.competitivedge.com/questionnaire_athletes.htm
Request "Scoring Results" - How Mentally Tough Are You? (Adapted from: Competitive Advantage, Dr. Alan Goldberg, 226 Strong Street, Amherst, MA 01002)
ThistleSea Business Development provides business owners with many strategic advantages. Set-up an appointment to talk with a ThistleSea Business Development coach today.
(c) 2010 all rights reserved, ThistleSea Business Development, LLC