When Might You Want To Recommend Or Seek Assistance from A Licensed Professional Business Coach?
Many life events occur that impact business owners, business partners, business investors and business executives. When should you seek help from an experienced business coach or mentor? And why would you look for one?
ThistleSea Business Developments’ clients come from many different skills, educational backgrounds, careers, geographic locations and types of businesses. But are there some things they have in common? Yes, a few include:
- A strong desire to succeed!
- Knowledge that they might not know everything!
- Some degree of lacking a completely clear vision of the future!
- Experiencing some type of frustration, failure and/or pain!
- A gradual or a sudden change of circumstances in their business or personal life!
- An unending need or desire to learn more and get it right!
So what are some of the types of circumstances you might recognize in others or in your own business that could encourage you to recommend a business coach to another or seek assistance yourself?
Below are some reasons that we see at ThistleSea Business Development that might help you:
- Business is growing too fast for the owner to keep up with the changes needed.
- Owner losing control.
- Lack of business sales growth.
- Desire to sell and/or realizing the business has little value.
- Disputes within the business.
- Son(s) or daughter(s) taking over the reins of the business.
- Family issues in the business.
- Junior partner takes over the business,
- Business begins to fail after 16, 32 or more years of a successful business.
- Owner ends up in the emergency room because of the business pressures.
- Not enough income to earn a profit.
- Bank loan requirements that suggest a higher success rate when owners hire a licensed professional business coach.
- Owner cannot find employees who care.
- Owner 2 years in business and the business not working.
- A monumental mistake that puts their business at extreme risk.
- Owner failed in one business and not wanting to fail again.
- Looking for a new location to establish or re-establish the business.
- Retirement of a senior owner or partner.
- Co-owner not fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Theft of business assets by a co-owner or employee.
- Owner continues to self-sabotage.
- Competition from other businesses or individuals.
- Franchise model broken because of owner’s success.
- Added additional locations and owner(s) are out of control.
- Death of the owner or key employee.
- Loss of key customer(s) severely impacting revenue / cash flow.
If you are experiencing any of these situations in your business or others, be encouraged that there is help and these situations have answers and can be resolved for business improvement.
Our staff and allies at ThistleSea Business Development can help you identify the best way to start, resolve these issues and help you gain clarity and take action. We encourage contacting us at 724.935.1930 for a free initial consultation.
By John D. Laslavic, LPBC, President
© 2010 All Rights Reserved, ThistleSea Business Development, LLC